House for sale in Charente
Chalais 16210. Single-storey cottage with garden.
In a sought-after hamlet close to the market town of Chalais, south Charente, is this single-storey detached 2-bed cottage for modernisation. Lived in until recently by an elderly person, it already has the benefit of mains drainage, oil-fired central heating and PVC double glazing. It will now benefit from a sympathetic modernisation (new kitchen and bathroom needed) and redecoration throughout. Outside, there are enclosed courtyard gardens to the front and rear of the property, small outbuildings, a detached garage, and a large attached level plot of lawned garden which is not currently fenced and which thus allows easy access for all sizes of vehicles. The property borders a quiet lane that has very little passing traffic and which gives on to glorious countryside. Perfect as a first purchase, or as a pied-à-terre for a single person or couple in this beautiful area of South-West France, this property represents excellent value-for-money. It is within 3 minutes by car of shops, services, schools, restaurants etc, and of a railway station on the Bordeaux-Angoulême line, for connections to Paris in less than two hours via the new dedicated TGV line in service from July 2017.
- *Price HAI : 70,000€ - agency commission included. Notaires fees extra.
- Taxe foncière: 444€
- Land: 778m² (0.2 acres)
- Living space: 60m²
- Living room: 22m²
- Living Room : very bright. Approx. 22m². Tiled floor. Door to garden.
- Kitchen : not fitted, apart from a sink unit. About 12m². Door to garden.
- Inner hallway
- 2 Bedroom(s) : interconnecting, both with solid wood floors. 1) approx. 14m² 2) approx 10m², with door to outside.
- Bathroom(s) : old but useable. Bath, washbasin, bidet
- Separate WC
- Boiler room / store-room, housing the recently-fitted oil central heating boiler and the electric hot water tank.
- Attic : partly convertible under the eaves
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire)
- Emission de gaz à effet de serre
- NO RESULT : Heating bills not presented (house not currently lived in, electricity disconnected).
- Double Glazing throughout, white PVC.
- Built in Cupboards to one bedroom
- Garage(s) : a detached single garage
- Outbuildings : small former piggeries, useful as garden sheds, one houses the oil tank.
- Enclosed : front and rear courtyards are fenced.
- 2 Courtyard to both front and rear.
- Garden : a level area of grass, not fenced, easy parking for big vehicles if required.
- Mains Drainage
- Main shops & services < 5 min : Chalais is only 3 minutes by car - shops, schools, all services, railway station.
- Main shops & services >10 min
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Chalais (16)
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16)
- La Rochelle
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.