House for sale in Charente
South Charente countryside. Character property. Fantastic views. Large grounds.
Stone-built 3-bed property, set on a south-facing hillside with outstanding views, in the heart of the South Charente countryside. Accessed via a private track, the property is quietly situated with just one neighbour. The spacious accommodation includes two open-plan living spaces on the ground floor, and three generous bedrooms and well-equipped bathroom on the first floor, with good head height throughout. All rooms face south and on the ground floor there is a choice of glazed doors to access the garden and the sunny terrace. Perfectly habitable straight away, the property does require some modernisation, notably the jointing of the exposed stone façade, the replacement of the doors and windows which are currently single-glazed, and the installation of a new septic tank. The sale price has been adjusted accordingly. A separate breeze-block outbuilding, currently just a shell, has been constructed with a view to creating a separate small house subject to planning permission. The extensive grounds are mostly very sloping, too much so for horses although goats would enjoy grazing the land. Keen gardeners will enjoy hacking away the overgrown brambles to discover the many flowering shrubs and fruit trees that the current owner has planted in recent years. The property is only minutes from traditional market towns and historic villages including Aubeterre-sur-Dronne, listed as one the "Beaux Villages" of France. The countryside is rolling and unspoilt and the area enjoys a gentle quality of life, easily accessible from larger cities via the TGV station in Angoulême.
- *Price HAI : 170,000€ - agency commission included. Notaires fees extra.
- Taxe foncière: 680€
- Land: 7,250m² (1.8 acres)
- Living space: 120m²
- Living room: 36m²
- Sitting room : approx 36m². Open fireplace. Exposed beams. Glazed doors to garden.
- Kitchen / dining room, about 36m². Glazed doors to garden.
- Separate WC within the laundry room
- Laundry room (former shower room).
- Landing : nice and wide, suitable as a study area
- 3 Bedroom(s) : 24m², 18m², and 12m² with mezzanine sleeping area.
- Bathroom(s) : equipped with shower, bath and double washbasin. Electrically-heated towel rail
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- 301 Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire) => Class E
- 7 Emission de gaz à effet de serre => Class B
- Calculation method: 3CL-DPE
- Fireplace(s) : open fire in the sitting room.
- Wood burning stove in the dining room.
Gite / guest house
- potential to create gite(s) by converting the outbuilding subject to permission.
- Store room in the garden, separate access.
- Outbuildings : a separate breeze-block building, unfinished.
- Garden Shed
- Private Driveway
- Enclosed : partly.
- Mature, with trees and shrubs : very sloping, south-facing.
- Pond which once provided water for goats. Now dried up and overgrown. Could be restored to use.
- Panoramic View over rolling countryside
- Local shops < 5 min : the local village has a restaurant / bar which also sells groceries.
- Main shops & services < 5 min : Saint-Séverin 16390
- Main shops & services >10 min : Angoulême 40 minutes, Bordeaux 75 minutes.
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Montmoreau (16) : on the Angoulême-Bordeaux line
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16) : trains to Paris in less than 2 hours from July 2017.
- La Rochelle
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.