House for sale in Charente
South Charente. Character, comfort, pool, privacy, and amazing views!
|Kitchen:||Fitted and equipped|
Nestled into a south-facing hillside, this beautiful 4-bed home enjoys the most amazing countryside views, from the house and from the half-acre grounds with heated swimming pool. Great attention to detail has been paid throughout the restoration of the property, to ensure that the character of the original house is retained and complemented by modern comforts such as double glazing, central heating, well-equipped bathrooms and kitchen, lots of stylish storage facilities, solid wood floors to the main rooms, and a large sheltered parking area at the entrance to the property. The huge, bright conservatory is a fantastic living space in all seasons, opening out to the view and linking the outside living spaces (parkland, pool, terraces) with the more intimate reception rooms. The layout of the 4 bedrooms into three separate areas, each with bathroom, ensures privacy and comfort for family members and guests. Further useful space for relaxing or studying is provided by the mezzanine gallery which overlooks the double-height sitting room. A tastefully-fitted kitchen/breakfast room with attached utility room completes the tableau of the inside accommodation. Outside, the private grounds have been landscaped to make the most of those views over the changing seasons. Swimming in the 11m x 5m pool can be enjoyed right through from spring to autumn, the water being warmed by an efficient heat-pump and protected by a security cover operated by solar power. There are smart paved terraces around the pool, including a sheltered dining area with lighting for al fresco entertaining. Very private without being isolated, this unusual property will appeal either as a stylish main home or a comfortable holiday retreat, only 40 minutes from Angoulême TGV station, and 70 minutes from Bordeaux international airport..
- Price FAI *: 335,000€
- Land: 2,710m² (0.7 acres)
- Living space: 250m²
- Living room: 30m²
- Terrace: 30m²
- Entrance hall : a split-level hall that leads off to the various levels of the house.
- Sitting room : approx. 30m², double height. Open fireplace. Leads to the conservatory and to the kitchen.
- Kitchen / breakfast room, approx. 20m². Well-fitted with modern units and appliances including an induction hob.
- Utility room / laundry room. Plenty of storage. Doors to kitchen and to the garden.
- Inner hallway
- 2 Bedroom(s) : 25m² , double aspect, and 30m² with glazed door to garden.
- 1 Bedroom with ensuite shower : a fabulous master suite comprising bedroom, study, dressing area and modern shower room.
- 1 Bathroom(s) : for the two independent bedrooms. Comprising a bath and a double washbasin unit.
- Dressing Room within the master suite
- Separate WC
- Built in cupboards
- Conservatory : Bright, spacious (about 45m²) and multi-purpose, a great space that makes the most of the views. Fully double-glazed.
- 1 Bedroom(s) : about 25m². Window overlooking the wonderful view, plus a velux for maximum light.
- Bathroom(s) : bath, washbasin, WC. Window and velux.
- Mezzanine : overlooking the sitting room. About 20m², useful as a study, TV corner or overflow bedroom.
- Room : a small room in the tower, accessed from the master suite. Currently used for storage. Could be a good artist's den?
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- 124 Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire) Class C
- 37 Emission de gaz à effet de serre Class E
- Based on actual energy bills
- Double Glazing throughout
- Fireplace(s) : the sitting room has an open fireplace.
- Garden Shed for lawnmower, tools.....
- Mature, with trees and shrubs
- Courtyard at the entrance to the property, providing level parking for several vehicles.
- Panoramic View over the rolling and verdant South Charente countryside.
- Septic Tank - all waste water.
- Meets regulations : certificate valid to November 2017.
- In Ground : 11m x 5m, heated via an energy-efficient heat pump.
- Hard security cover with a roller powered by solar energy
- Local shops 5 -10 min for small supermarket and the usual village shops including pharmacy
- Main shops & services >10 min Barbezieux Saint Hilaire 15 minutes, Angoulême 30 minutes, Bordeaux 75 minutes.
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Chalais (16)
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16) : TGV to Paris, in less than two hours from 2017.
- La Rochelle
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.