House for sale in Charente
Comfortable cottage. Extensive outbuildings. Walled garden.
|Kitchen:||Fitted and equipped|
This traditional semi-detached cottage has been extensively renovated in recent years to provide a comfortable 2 bedroom residence, really warm and cosy thanks to an efficient new wood-burner and an excellent level of insulation. The property is accessed via the walled garden through a private drive and gateway; this area is sheltered, sunny and not overlooked. It is currently gravelled as a courtyard with flower borders and small vegetable plot. The house sits on extensive cellars which open at ground level on to the street on the north side of the house. A stairway of ancient stone steps, worn with age, connect the cellars to the kitchen above. Plans have been passed to extend the accommodation further into the existing attached barns, by the creation of a room of 35m² which could be an extra living area or a guest annexe. This space is is already concreted and ready to fit out. The remaining barns serve as garages, workshop etc. Overall, this is a comfortable, low-maintenance property with no renovation work to do, offering extensive scope for storage or extension, and representing excellent value for money. The hamlet is quiet and peaceful, and surrounded by pretty scenery with a network of country tracks for off-road walking and cycling. It is a 10 minute drive to Barbezieux or Blanzac and 35 minutes to Angoulême.
- Price FAI *: 120,000€
- Land: 860m² (0.2 acres)
- Living space: 110m²
- Living room: 35m²
- 1 Living Room : a well-proportioned room of 35m². Fireplace with new, powerful wood-burner. Exposed beams. Tiled floor.
- 1 Kitchen / dining room. 20m². Well-fitted with new units.
- 2 Bedroom(s) 22m² ; 17m². Floating parquet floors, spacious fitted cupboards.
- 1 Shower Room(s) : modern multi-jet shower cabin, wash-hand basin and WC
- 1 Separate WC
- Built in cupboards : good spacious storage,
- Room : a walkthrough utility leading to the WC and shower room, and to the convertible barn area.
- Attic with a thinck layer of nsulation
- Basement / Cellar : a lovely vaulted cellar where the aroma of cognac still floats in the air
- Wine Cellar with the remains of the former wine vats
- Larder / store, opening on to the street.
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- 137 Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire) => Class C
- 2 Emission de gaz à effet de serre => Class A
- Calculation method: 3CL-DPE
Gite / guest house
- potential to create gite(s)
- 1 Workshop : 47m². With central barn door.
- 1 Store room : 17m²
- 1 Store room / barn, in an L-shape with the house, 64m². Currently divided into 2 areas, half of which has permission in place for conversion into a large living room.
- Barn - attached (see 'store-room' above)
- Entrance gate(s) With private drive onto Chemin communal
- Enclosed by stone walls
- Courtyard : South facing and private, the courtyard is mostly gravelled with flower and shrub borders. Ample parking for several cars.
- Vegetable Garden
- Septic Tank - all waste water. : a facility less than two years old
- Meets regulations
- Main shops & services >10 min Blanzac and Barbezieux are around 10 minutes each, Angoulême is 35 minutes
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Chalais (16) : for trains in the Bordeaux direction
- Montmoreau (16) for trains in the Angoulême direction
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16)
- Bordeaux 1hr10
- La Rochelle
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.