Village House for sale in Dordogne
Dordogne - Charente borders. 4-bed village house with garden and outbuildings.
Dordogne, Village House
|Property type:||Village House|
|Kitchen:||Fitted and equipped|
|Environment:||Village with shops|
This very attractive and elegant 4-bed property occupies a prominent position in a busy village in the Dronne river valley, on the Dordogne - Charente borders. The spacious and well-proportioned rooms are already habitable and comfortable, having been lovingly maintained over the years by the previous owners, an elderly couple. Of special note are the fitted library unit in the sitting room, hand-made from oak by a local craftsman, the elegant curving staircase which rises to the two upper floors, and the central heating boiler which is a modern 'condensation' type, having been replaced in recent years. A decorative make-over, and perhaps a renewal of the bathrooms and kitchen, would now bring the whole property up to modern tastes. There is a small flower garden to the front, and to the rear, a large courtyard garden which is flanked by a useful barn / workshop (still equipped with ancient tools and mechanical spare parts!), a spacious covered terrace, and smaller buildings housing a summer kitchen, boiler-room, and various storage areas. Vehicle access to the garden is via a quiet side-street. Local shops are within a short stroll. The river Dronne is also within walking distance, for fishing, wild-water swimming, canoeing, or simply strolling along the tree-lined banks. Just a few minutes away by car, and accessible by bicycle along quiet lanes, is a popular lakeside beach and leisure area. The village is on the doorstep of the "Dronne-Double" countryside, rich in forests and lakes. Warm and welcoming, this property offers excellent value-for-money either as a family home, for B & B, or for holiday lets.
- Price FAI *: 140,000€
- Taxe foncière: 320€
- Land: 454m² (0.1 acres)
- Living space: 170m²
- Living room: 36m²
- Entrance hall which traverses the house from front to back
- Sitting room to the left of the entrance hall. Approx. 36m², pleasantly proportioned. Fireplace with wood-burner. Attractive fitted wood wall units / bookshelves.
- Kitchen / breakfast room, to the right of the entrance hall. About 15m². Well fitted with solid wood units and built-in appliances.
- Study : 6m², privately located and accessed via the sitting room.
- 1 Bedroom(s) : approx. 20m², tiled floor. Window to the rear garden.
- 1 Shower Room(s) designed for use by an elderly person. Easy-to-access shower, washbasin.
- Separate WC
- Built in cupboards
- 3 Bedroom(s) 1) 36m², with built-in cupboards 2) 18m² 3) 15m².
- 1 Bathroom(s) with opening window. Bath, bidet, washbasin.
- 2 Attic
- 1 Room centrally located in the attic area, used as a games room. Velux window.
- Electric Gates to the rear garden. Not in use for a while, will need checking.
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire)
- Emission de gaz à effet de serre
- NO RESULT : Heating bills not presented
- Fireplace(s) in the sitting room, fitted with a woodburner.
- Covered terrace overlooking the rear garden.
- Summer kitchen
- Barn used for many years as a mechanic's workshop. Upper floor for storage. Sink.
- 3 Garden Shed one of which houses the central heating boiler
- Courtyard garden to the rear, accessed via a quiet street. Small flower garden to the front giving on to the main street of the village.
- View of the Village
- Mains Drainage
- Within walking distance (<1km) : local shops
- Main shops & services 5 -10 min : Chalais, or La Roche-Chalais / Saint Aigulin.
- Main shops & services >10 min : Coutras 25 minutes, Libourne 40 minutes, Bordeaux 70 minutes.
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Chalais (16) for trains towards Angoulême
- St Aigulin (17) for trains towards Bordeaux
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16) - TGV to Paris
- Libourne (33) - TGV to Bordeaux
- La Rochelle
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.