Village House for sale in Charente
South Charente village. Charming cottage in mature gardens.
Charente, Village House
|Property type:||Village House|
|Environment:||Village with shops|
This very pretty stone cottage is tucked away in a private setting, in the heart of an ancient hill-top village with restaurant. The property has been owned by the same family for many years, and in recent times has been partly renovated as a second home so there are a few rooms that are basically habitable: living kitchen, sitting room, bedroom, shower room. The property is now ripe for improvement and extension into the attached barn, subject to authorisation. A new septic tank was installed relatively recently, and mains water and electricity are connected. The mature gardens are a feature of the property. They extend to over a quarter of an acre, are mostly laid to lawn, and are surrounded by flowering shrubs, roses, mature trees and hedges which afford privacy and protection. There is plenty of room for a vegetable plot and/or swimming pool. Set in the very heart of the beautiful South Charente and the "Nouvelle-Aquitaine" region, the property is a short stroll from a friendly local restaurant and just 5 minutes' drive from good shops, services and railway station. Larger cities (Angoulême, Bordeaux, Périgueux) are excellent destinations for serious shopping or sightseeing. Closer to home there are leisure facilities including lakeside or river beaches, tennis and squash courts, cognac houses to visit, marked-out rambling or cycling circuits, Gallo-Roman churches, and listed villages. The wide sandy beaches of the Atlantic coast are just over an hour's drive away.
- *Price HAI : 100,000€ - agency commission included. Notaires fees extra.
- Taxe foncière: 300€
- Land: 1,134m² (0.3 acres)
- Living space: 60m²
- Living room: 25m²
- Open plan living space with corner kitchen. About 18m² in total. Open fireplace. Door to garden.
- Sitting room : down three steps from the living space. A bright, square room of around 25m². Door to garden. Open fireplace. Tiled floor.
- 1 Bedroom(s) : down 2 steps from the sitting room. Lino floor. Around 20m².
- Shower Room(s) with washbasin, bidet and shower cubicle.
- Room to renovate/complete : a few steps down from the living space. Door and window openings already in place.
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire)
- Emission de gaz à effet de serre
- Property outside DPE remit : no heating other than open fires.
- Fireplace(s) to the two main rooms
- Outbuildings including workshop, former bread oven, and small detached barn used for storage.
- Barn - attached : very spacious, good head height, suitable for conversion on two levels subject to planning permission.
- 2 Entrance gate(s) : one to the side passage next to the house, the other at the end of the garden. Metal gates in sound condition.
- Enclosed by hedges, shrubs, trees and wire fencing.
- Mature, with trees and shrubs
- Countryside View
- Tiles : will need attention over the sitting room where there is evidence of some leaks
- Space for a pool
- Within walking distance (<1km) : restaurant and bread sales
- Main shops & services 5 -10 min : Chalais 5 minutes
- Main shops & services >10 min : Barbezieux 20 minutes, Angoulême 40 minutes, Bordeaux 75 minutes
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Chalais (16) : on the Angoulême - Bordeaux line
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16)
- La Rochelle
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.