House plus Gite(s) for sale in Charente-Maritime
3 bedrooms, gite, huge garden, Fontaine Chalendray
Charente-Maritime, House plus Gite(s)
|Property type:||House plus Gite(s)|
|Heating:||Wood & Oil|
|Kitchen:||Fitted and equipped|
South facing 3 bed house with lots of light and high ceilings. The large farmhouse kitchen has a large central beam and a stove as a focal point. The fitted kitchen has oak cupboards and beech worktops. Glazed double doors that lead to the sitting room can be open on party nights or closed on cosy film evenings! There is a handy coatroom under the stairs. Features include exposed heavy beams and exposed stone. Double doors lead to the innovative open barn turned terrace with decked floor, large sliding gates that lead out to the back garden, giving a view or privacy - in the evening.. The previous owners had a jacuzzi. The bathroom has a lovely deep antique bath and both bathrooms have huge walk in showers. Upstairs the master bedroom has double doors and a window with country views, and stunning beams set high up and a double height ceiling. The second bedroom has a super mezzanine, ideal for a teenage hideaway space! The house has been well renovated to a high standard with new electrics, septic tank and plumbing and very energy efficient with double glazed windows, maximum insulation, central heating and a solar ventilation system that keeps the house pre-warmed and ventilated all year round. The gite has been started on with a utility room and bathroom. All the rest is to be done. There is a 20m² entrance hall, a sweet room with Charentaise fireplace and 2 huge upstairs rooms - 39 and 22m² that could be divided. There is also a barn behind the gite that could be opened up to create a private terrace area for the gite. The garage provides handy parking, and the easy to manage garden is filled with flowers and delicious peach and fig trees . The woodland garden is a short walk down a path and is full of fruit and nut trees, a real haven. The property is set on the hilltop village of Fontaine Chalendray a friendly village with lovely walks in vines and woods, 10 minutes to a swimming lake and 5 minutes from Néré, 15 mins from Aulnay and just over an hour for the coast and airports.
- *Price HAI : 165,000€ - agency commission included. Notaires fees extra.
- Taxe foncière: 545€
- Land: 6,875m² (1.7 acres)
- Living space: 135m²
- Living room: 25m²
- Terrace: 45m²
- Cloakroom understairs
- Sitting room 25m², with wooden floor, access via glazed double doors to kitchen and access to bathroom.
- Kitchen 37m², with tiled floor, stove, exposed beam, dishwasher, rangestyle gas cooker, ceramic sink, oak doors and beech worktops. Access sitting room via glazed double doors. Access utility room and back terrace and front garden.
- Bathroom(s) with tiled floor, claw foot antique bath, walk in shower, sink in antique cupboard, wc.
- Shower Room(s) with tiled floor, walk in shower, sink and wc. Can be used for gite or main house. Access utility room.
- Laundry room with tiled floor, washing machine and dishwasher connection. access shower room. Can be used for main house or with gite. Access entrance hall of gite.
- Landing with wooden floor
- 3 Bedroom(s) 1. 20m² with wooden floor, exposed beams, access dressing room, dual aspect. 2. 12m² with 7m² mezzanine, wooden floor. 3. 13m² with wooden floor
- Dressing Room wooden floor. Access from master bedroom
- Mezzanine access from bed 2, with stairs and velux.
- Room to renovate/complete ensuite bathroom to be next door to master bedroom with solid floor, plumbing and electrics available.
- Outside lighting
- Broadband Internet
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- 121 Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire) => Class C
- 11 Emission de gaz à effet de serre => Class C
- Based on actual energy bills
- Double Glazing throughout
- Wood burning stove in the kitchen
Gite / guest house
- potential to create gite(s)
- General description old cottage 103m² with entrance hall, boiler room, utility room, shower room and 3 rooms.
- Kitchen / Diner 20m², with concrete floor, Charentaise fireplace
- Shower room can be used for either gite or main house, with tiled floor, walk in shower, wc and sink. Access utility room
- To Renovate utility room and shower room are done
- 2 Bedrooms on upper floor 1. 39m².. 2. 20m² with wooden floors. windows and exposed heavy beams, high ceilings.
- ground floor room(s) 1. 20m² Entrance hall with cement floor. 2. boiler room with central heating boiler.
- Garage(s) 18m², with large double doors, access covered terrace area
- Sauna 6m² in an old wine vat!
- Covered terrace 45m², with decked floor, part open roof, access sauna (to be finished), house via glazed double doors and back garden via large metal doors. With stove, outside light and tap.
- Barn - attached 30m², attached to the back of the gite, so could be used for extension purposes.
- Mature, with trees and shrubs
- Garden with flowers and arbor.
- Not attached garden 6875m² of land with woodland and bordered by stream separated by a small path about 50m from the house.
- Fruit trees peach, fig, apple, medlar, lots walnut trees, cherry and pear.
- Countryside View set on a hill
- Garden View
- Space for a pool on the separate land, a short walk along path
- Within walking distance (<1km) Boulangerie van and post office
- Local shops < 5 min Néré- 2 bakeries, butchers, new primary school, 2 hairdressers, chemist, bar/restaurant, bar, small supermarket, weekly market.
- Main shops & services 5 -10 min Aulnay
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- St Jean d'Angely (17) 25 mins
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Surgères (17) 30 mins
- La Rochelle 1hr20
- Poitiers 1hr10
- St Malo 4hrs
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.