Mill for sale in Charente
Charente. Prestigious country dwelling, former water mill, OVER 27 ACRES OF LAND
Boasting over 400m² of living space, this charming former water mill on the Charente / Charente Maritime borders has been renovated by the current owners to create a comfortable family home in a picturesque setting. Highlights include the large private terrace to the rear of the house, which enjoys a peaceful ambiance enhanced by the sound of water, and the huge double-height living room with its splendid fireplace. There are 5 bedrooms in the main house, laid out in three separate suites of which one is on the ground floor, plus an apartment with independent access. This makes an ideal arrangement for family members or guests to enjoy the conviviality of the splendid reception areas, whilst maintaining privacy and independence in their own rooms. Detached outbuildings include a stone barn and smaller, pretty buildings. The extensive grounds of over 27 acres consist of a beautifully maintained park adjacent to the house, where pretty stone bridges span streams and waterways, with meadows and woodland beyond.
- Price FAI *: 636,000€
- Land: 79,148m² (19.6 acres)
- Living space: 400m²
- Living room: 80m²
- Terrace: 50m²
- Entrance hall spanning the width of the property and giving on to all the living areas and the attached outbuildings. The entrance hall also incorporates a cloakroom with wc and handwash basin.
- Living Room : a magnificent room of around 80m² with immense feature fireplace and a mezzanine area above.
- Dining Room : 40m², separated from the living room by a sliding glass wall.
- Kitchen : Wooden units. Glazed doors onto the terrace.
- 2 Bedroom(s) : a private wing, well separated from the living areas and comprising 2 bedrooms of around 20m² and 16m² and a luxurious bathroom.
- Bathroom(s) : luxurious, spacious and superbly appointed. Comprising bath, separate wet-room shower and separate wc within the room.
- Separate WC : a second wc and handwash basin are located in the entrance hall cloackroom.
- 3 Laundry room : utility, boiler room and storeroom.
- 3 Bedroom(s) : all of which measure around 15m² each, two with ensuite shower and wash basins. The third bedroom has a shower room adjacent.
- Bathroom(s) : with a "hip bath", bidet and wash basin.
- Shower Room : shower, wash basin, WC.
- Mezzanine : accessed from living room via stone staircase currently used as libarary area: 40m². Beautiful wood and tile flooring.
- Basement / Cellar : very clean, good head-height.
- Wine Cellar
- Outside lighting
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- 351 Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire) => Classe F
- 23 Emission de gaz à effet de serre => Classe D
- Calculation method: 3CL-DPE
- Double Glazing throughout
Gite / guest house
- Existing Gîte / Guest house
- General description : actually an apartment accessible from the main house, but also with independant access. Comprising large living room with kitchen area, 1 bedroom, shower room and wc.
- Boiler House
- Box Room
- Car Parking
- Barn : 150m², constructed from the ancient stones salvaged from the former village presbytery.
- Private Driveway bordered by trees
- Entrance gate(s)
- Mature, with trees and shrubs : the land is partly wooded.
- Garden : very well maintained, planted with shrubs and flowering plants. Dotted with pretty stone bridges.
- Fruit trees
- Lake - possible
- Source / Sping : possibility to create a lake fed by the springs and streams.
- Riverside : the land is doted with 3 small rivers which feed the old mill race.
- River view
- Countryside View
- Garden View
- View of the Park
- Space for a pool
- Local shops 5 -10 min : Brossac and Chevanceaux
- Main shops & services >10 min : Chalais or Montguyon are 15 minutes away. Angoulême 45 minutes, Barbezieux 25 minutes.
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Chalais (16)
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16)
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.