House for sale in Charente
South Charente hilltop village with shops. Countryside views.
|Environment:||Village with shops|
This pretty, 4-bed cottage requires modernisation to today's standards but is nonethless habitable straight away. Situated on a tiny lane with no passing traffic, it enjoys far-reaching countryside views. There is an attached garage, an enclosed, well-planted garden in front of the house, and a larger area of garden on higher ground just across the lane, planted with fruit trees. The interior of the house will appreciate a major make-over, and buyers will need to budget for replacing the septic tank which does not meet regulations. However, there are quality features in place such as some doors and windows made from local oak, original fireplaces, and well-maintained original oak floorboards upstairs. Once re-decorated to the buyers' taste, and perhaps with the addition of a bathroom and WC upstairs, this will make a really charming holiday home or main residence. It is within a few steps of the ancient village centre with its medieval church, excellent local shops, tennis courts, and restaurant. Less than a mile away is a popular lakeside beach and sports/leisure complex which offers entertainment and activities throughout the year, and which is surrounded by forest walks and all-terrain cycle/equestrian tracks. Angoulême is only 40 minutes away, for TGV's to Paris in less than 2 hours from July 2017.
- *Price HAI : 90,000€ - agency commission included. Notaires fees extra.
- Taxe d'habitation: 500€
- Taxe foncière: 700€
- Land: 1,623m² (0.4 acres)
- Living space: 110m²
- Living room: 23m²
- Living Room : 23m². Solid wood floor. Working fireplace. Double French window to garden.
- Kitchen : 23m². Tiled floor. Working fireplace. Wood-fired cooker, old but still working.
- Inner hallway
- Bathroom(s) : bath, bidet, washbasin.
- Separate WC
- Built in cupboards with lovely wooden doors, in the inner hallway.
- 4 Bedroom(s) : With solid wood floors. 22m², 12m², 9m², 12m². The two largest rooms enjoy lovely views.
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- Property outside DPE remit : no heating other than open fires.
- Built in Cupboards
- Garage(s) , attached
- Patio , paved, in front of the house.
- Enclosed garden in front of the house, well planted with roses and shrubs.
- Orchard on a separate plot just across the lane
- Panoramic View over the countryside
- Within walking distance (<1km) : Brossac is classed as a 'green holiday resort' and offers a full range of local shops, restaurants, and a lakeside beach with sports and leisure complex.
- Main shops & services 5 -10 min : Chalais, with its excellent range of shops, famous Monday morning market, and mainline railway station, is a ten-minute drive.
- Main shops & services >10 min : Barbezieux 20 minutes, Angoulême 40 minutes, Bordeaux 60-70 minutes.
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Chalais (16) : on the Angoulême - Bordeaux mainline
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16)
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.