House for sale in Charente
South Charente. Exceptionally spacious village house. 1/4 acre mature gardens.
This very large stone-built house is set in the heart of a quiet village in the rolling South Charente countryside. It is a versatile and unusual property which will suit anyone requiring lots of living space. The house offers 4-5 bedrooms, 2 big bathrooms, two huge reception rooms, and a range of useful spaces such as utility room, boiler room, store-room, garage, and wine cellar. Habitable straight away, having been renovated by professionals in the 1980's and carefully maintained since then, the property now requires complete redecoration to modern tastes. The electrical wiring and the septic tank do not conform to current regulations and will require immediate updating by the purchaser (estimated cost of the septic tank: 5,000 - 9,000 euros depending on number of inhabitants). This has been taken into account in the sale price. The South Charente countryside is unspoilt, rolling and peaceful, dotted with ancient villages and traditional market towns. It offers a wealth of year-round activities. From the house, just 5 minutes' drive or 15 minutes by pushbike takes you to Brossac, a holiday village with shops, lakeside beach, sports centre, marked out rambling and cycling circuits, restaurants, and primary school.
- Price FAI *: 155,000€
- Taxe foncière: 850€
- Land: 1,130m² (0.3 acres)
- Living space: 295m²
- Living room: 58m²
- Entrance hall : very spacious. Tiled floor. Wooden staircase to first floor.
- Sitting room : almost 60m², pleasantly proportioned, tiled floor, open fireplace.
- Dining Room : 42m², open fireplace, 'terrazzo' style tiled floor, south-facing windows, one exposed stone wall. Large old solid wood sideboard included in sale.
- Kitchen : with a range of fitted cupboards in local oak, built by an artisan.
- Utility room : very spacious, includes the oil boiler and a sink. Door and window to garden.
- Inner hallway
- Cellar Currently accessed from outside the house, through the workshop and pantry.
- Boiler room within the utility room see above.
- Integrated garage housing a nearly-new oil tank.
- 4 Bedroom(s) to the left of the stairs, all with wood floors: 25m², 25m² with fitted cupboards, and two interlinked bedrooms of 20m² each, with fitted cupboards.
- 1 Bedroom with ensuite bathroom , approx 30m², to the right of the staircase, could make a studio apartment.
- Bathroom(s) with bath & washbasin.
- Separate WC
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- 181 Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire)
- 54 Emission de gaz à effet de serre
- Calculation method: 3CL-DPE
- Built in Cupboards to some of the bedrooms
- Covered terrace in the garden, currently used as a log store
- Entrance gate(s) : for pedestrians.
- Enclosed : on three sides, open on 4th side.
- Mature, with trees and shrubs
- Does NOT meet regulations
- Local shops < 5 min : Bardenac, Brossac (Etang Vallier lakeside beach and leisure centre).
- Main shops & services 5 -10 min : Chalais
- Main shops & services >10 min : Barbezieux 25 minutes, Angoulême 45 minutes, Bordeaux 75 minutes
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Chalais (16) : on the Angoulême-Bordeaux line.
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16) : on the Paris - Bordeaux line
- La Rochelle
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.