House for sale in Charente
South Charente countryside. Log cabin in over 2 acres. Far-reaching views.
In the heart of the beautiful South Charente countryside, tucked away in a private setting enjoying far-reaching views, is this log cabin built in 2007 in the traditional 'Finnish' style (using solid square-section logs). The ground floor is open-plan, consisting of a fitted kitchen area, dining area and sitting area, in total about 35m². Also on the ground floor is the spacious shower room and WC. Upstairs are two under-eaves bedrooms, one of which leads through to a further small room suitable as a child's bedroom or study area. A covered terrace extends the accommodation in the summer months and allows full enjoyment of the views whilst remaining protected from the elements.Outside there is a garden shed for storage, and plenty of parking space in the private access drive. The grounds of over 2 acres are currently pastureland, grazed by the owner's horse. There is a pond on the land, fed from a spring.Currently lived-in as a family home, the chalet would also make a low-maintenance holiday home or seasonal let. The land is sheltered and well-drained, and if not required for animals would be ideal for vegetable production. Angoulême, historic capital of the Charente, is only 30 minutes away by car. The local town of Montmoreau Saint Cybard is less than 5 minutes by car. It offers shops, services, senior school, and a railway halt on the Angoulême-Bordeaux line.
- *Price HAI : 120,000€ - agency commission included. Notaires fees extra.
- Taxe foncière: 635€
- Land: 9,647m² (2.4 acres)
- Living space: 60m²
- Living room: 35m²
- Terrace: 20m²
- Open plan living space : L-shaped, with zones for fitted kitchen, dining room, salon. Large glazed door to verandah.
- Shower Room(s) : spacious.
- Balcony / verandah, covered.
- 2 Bedroom(s) under the eaves, one of which leads to a third small room.
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- 217 Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire)
- 11 Emission de gaz à effet de serre
- Calculation method: 3CL-DPE
- Private Driveway
- Pond fed by a spring.
- Pasture (fenced)
- Panoramic View
- No near neighbours
- Main shops & services < 5 min : Montmoreau-Saint-Cybard - supermarkets, senior school, railway halt.
- Main shops & services >10 min : Angoulême 25 minutes.
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Montmoreau (16) : on the Angoulême-Bordeaux line.
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16)
- La Rochelle
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.