House for sale in Charente
No neighbours, 4 acres, swimming pool, outbuildings.
|Kitchen:||Fitted and equipped|
In a private, elevated location with no near neighbours and far-reaching countryside views, this attractive stone built property was formerly a cognac producer's residence. The main house has now been comfortably restored, the spacious and stylish accommodation including 3-4 bedrooms (1-2 on the ground floor) and two bathrooms. Privately set at the side of the house is the large swimming pool, securely fenced and surrounded by shrubs.The extensive outbuildings, including three barns, have been well maintained. They currently serve as garaging and storage, but could be converted into further accommodation or into stables to complement the large paddock adjacent to the gardens. An ideal property for horse-owners or keen gardeners, with the potential for self-sufficiency. Countryside walks and off-road cycle tracks abound in the area, and just a two minute drive away is the hilltop village of Brossac, with local shops, services and a sandy lakeside beach and leisure area. The historic cities of Bordeaux and Angoulême are both within easy reach either by car, or by train from Chalais, a 12 minute drive.
- Price FAI *: 296,800€
- Taxe d'habitation: 780€
- Taxe foncière: 1,210€
- Land: 15,000m² (3.7 acres)
- Living space: 200m²
- Living room: 37m²
- Entrance hall 12m².
- Living Room : 37m², with quarry tiled floor and 2 fireplaces!
- Dining Room : 19m², tiled floor.
- Kitchen / breakfast room 21m², very well fitted, doors to the dining room and to outside.
- 1 Bedroom(s) : 30m², parquet floor.
- Shower Room(s) : newly fitted with shower and double washbasin.
- Dressing Room / study, adjacent to bedroom. 16m². Could become 4th bedroom. Door to garden.
- Separate WC
- Pantry / laundry room. Sink, plumbing for washing machine, door into barn.
- Landing Good quality floating parquet here and in the two bedrooms.
- 2 Bedroom(s) 38m² and 25m², exposed roof beams. Velux windows.
- Bathroom(s) : With a white suite of bath, washbasin and WC.
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- 138 Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire) => Class C
- 42 Emission de gaz à effet de serre => Class E
- Calculation method: 3CL-DPE
- Double Glazing to the whole of the South façade.
Gite / guest house
- potential to create gite(s) within the extensive outbuildings.
- 2 Barn - attached : One of 70m², one long barn of 100m² which houses the former wine vats used now as rainwater holding tanks.
- 1 Barn : detached. 60m², completely renovated including a brand new roof. Used as a double garage and workshop. Fitted with electric strip lights and a washbasin.
- Shelter for animals, at the top of the field.
- Open barn for hay storage and safe chicken housing.
- Private Lane
- Mature, with trees and shrubs
- Vegetable Garden : a large veg plot at the top of the field, plus a smaller herb garden closer to the house.
- Well , plus storage for 9000 litres of rainwater in the former wine vats of the barn.
- Fruit trees : a good range of fruits through all seasons.
- Pasture (fenced) , previously used for sheep but would equally suit horses.
- Countryside View
- Septic Tank - all waste water.
- In Ground : 10m x 5m.
- No near neighbours
- Local shops < 5 min : 2 minutes by car to Brossac, which also offers a lakeside beach and marked out walking or cycling circuits.
- Main shops & services >10 min : Chalais 12 minutes, Barbezieux 20 minutes, Angoulême 40 minutes.
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Chalais (16)
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16)
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.