Mill for sale in Charente
Restored Charente country property for sale, barns, swimming pool. 10+ acres
|Heating:||Wood & Electric|
A well-presented character property set in picturesque countryside. Offering a flexible layout which lends itself well to either a large 4 bedroom house, or divided into two houses. In fact, in recent years half the propety has been successfully rented out as a gîte. The excellent range of outbuildings which include an attached barn, a pigeonnier and a separate barn also provide potential for use as alternative accommodation. The 2 small lakes on the land are fed by a stream and are stocked with river fish. There is potential to become self-sufficient in electricity by installing a turbine to the mill wheel.
- Price FAI *: 399,000€
- Land: 43,355m² (10.7 acres)
- Living space: 180m²
- Living room: 48m²
- Entrance hall with original staircase
- Living Room : 48m², very spacious and bright double-height room with original fireplace and features.
- Kitchen : around 33m², IKEA furnishings and equipment, featuring a fabulous central island unit.
- 2 Bedroom(s) : around 16.5m² and 30m². The larger bedroom has a fireplace, kitchenette area and doors onto the garden. (This room is the kitchen/living area when this half of the house becomes the "gîte".)
- 1 Bathroom(s) next to the largest bedroom. Equipped with bath, spa shower and double sink.
- 1 Shower Room(s) adjacent to the other bedroom
- 2 Separate WC
- Mezzanine gallery over the living room, around 20m². Currently an office.
Energy Efficiency Ratings
- 150 Consommation énergétique (en énergie primaire) => Class C
- 8 Emission de gaz à effet de serre => Class B
- Calculation method: 3CL-DPE
- Double Glazing
- 2 Fireplace(s)
- 1 Wood burning stove
- Store room off the kitchen, space for chest freezer, storage and washing machine.
- Barn - attached to the rear of the property. Useful for wood storage.
- Barn - a separate barn with new roof a little way from the property.
- Pigeonnier tower attached to the main property, currently being restored
- 1 Private Lane The property is accessed via a private lane. There are also 2 other possible accesses.
- Mature, with trees and shrubs
- Vegetable Garden
- 2 Lake , each measuring around 30m². Stocked with river fish.
- Stream runs alongside
- 2 Well
- Fruit trees
- Open view
- Countryside View
- Garden View
- Tiles The roof was replaced in 2002.
- In Ground 10x4m
- Pool House and solar shower
- Hard security cover
- Terrace all around
- Local shops < 5 min
- Main shops & services 5 -10 min
- Main shops & services >10 min
Nearest Train station (Dept.)
- Chalais (16)
Nearest TGV station (Dept.)
- Angoulême (16)
* Notaire's fees are extra. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is current and informative. However, Euro Immobilier Chalais does not guarantee or warrant that information on this website is accurate or complete and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content or details disclosed on this site.